Saturday, October 2, 2010

People and presentations

Villagers promoting tourism at tourism expo
October 2, 2010

Hello or Salut!

It is night time here--7:00 p.m and darkness has almost eliminated any light! Today was one of those grey days that fools with your spirit--almost making you want to crawl back into bed. I woke up late for me because last night I attended an Octoberfest party- celebrating the birthday of the director of the International school here. She is a person who is very good with people--makes you think you're one of her best friends.She reached out to me at a dinner event and I have been grateful ever since because she does think of others and she does introduce me to new folks. They live on the edge of town in a very nice house--garden area outside with a built in grill and a small pool--and I enjoyed the chance to get away from my normal neighborhood--an area whichI do like!


I thought you might enjoy some people photos--students at the U, school students and other such photos.
University students!
take a look!

Bill

Dennis and his girl friend-Dennis is son of landlady!

School children from local lyceum

Note the boy's tie!

I'm donating books to department faculty

I've been making a couple of presentations and have one or two others scheduled, so while my one class does not keep me too busy, preparing things for other lectures and talks does add to the work. I'm enjoying the presentations--meeting different people and travelling to different parts of the city.

I know you are probbly more interesting in the photos than my ravings, sooo I have put together some photos of presentations, students, school kids, etc. for you.  Hope you like it.  in a few days, I'll meet Alma and Lois (her sister) in Istanbul before returning here after 4-5 days. Talk to you later.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment